I help women flip old emotional patterns and thought patterns so they can create the life they crave.
Why I do what I do
I came to coaching in two ways: first seeking help for myself, and then finding it a natural fit for me as a career. After healing from an adventure with major health challenges, I made a choice to earn a living doing what I really wanted to do. And that is helping others to do what THEY really want to do. I now have the good fortune to be doing that with Breakthrough Coaching with EFT.*
My own early years took me through some big pain and ugly places. The story will make for some juicy memoirs some day, but suffice it to say that I’m intimately familiar with being stuck — in all kinds of ways.
I was blessed to work with remarkable healers and teachers who helped me clear my own baggage — leaving me with gifts of compassion, humor and a non-judging heart. As a result, women open up easily to me, which speeds up the coaching process. Becoming skilled in EFT* has skyrocketed my ability to help clients, because it’s such a fast, thorough and effective tool.
Over the past 30 years, I’ve worked as nonprofit director, health educator, trainer, group facilitator, counselor, apprentice cabinetmaker, medical transcriber, bartender, travel agent, legal secretary and Christmas tree salesperson. I’ve worked with all kinds of people in all kinds of settings — and in different cities. So women from a wide variety of backgrounds feel comfortable with me.
I absolutely love doing what I do. It seems that all my experiences (work and otherwise) have come together in this coaching to benefit the people I serve. I can see what’s possible for my clients before they can, and get so excited about what I know lies ahead. Lucky me — I’m actually more energized AFTER working with clients than when I started. That makes it kind of hard to call it “work.”
A few facts about me
- I live on the beautiful Central Coast of California.
- I’m fascinated by how we communicate with each other and have a BA in cross-cultural communication.
- I was raised in Tucson and have also lived in San Diego, San Francisco, Eugene, Chicago and Minneapolis.
- I play a little piano and like to sing. I’m a big fan of music of all kinds.
- I treasure nature in most of her forms, with mountains and oceans high on the list.
- I’ve always loved teaching people how to help themselves, and have been doing it most of my life, long before coaching.
- I’m insatiably curious about people and love to travel.
My formal education
- Masters in Public Health and Community Health Education – Oregon State University
- B.A. Cross-Cultural Communications – San Francisco State University
- Advanced Level Certificate – EFT Certification Course
- Level 3 EFT Practitioner – EFT Master Lindsay Kenny Certification
- Extensive coach training
An interview with me
On Women Enjoying Success Radio, you can hear me talk about EFT and my style of using it with clients in this interview with Sharon Michaels. Click on the player’s arrow to listen:
Ready to make the changes you’ve been wanting to make?
Let’s get going with that! Why make life harder than it has to be? Especially when you KNOW what the kind of life you really want for yourself. Let’s work together to flip those old patterns that are slowing you down. Click here to get started.
* EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques, a rapid-change tool sometimes called “psychological acupressure.” For more about EFT, see EFT Basics