With EFT, it’s totally possible to stay sharp and stay cool simultaneously. Is this hard for you to believe? If so, you’re surely not alone. Many people are concerned that they’ll lose their edge if they tap away tension.
What’s Your Version?
This misconception shows up over and over again in several ways. Maybe one of these has a ring of familiarity:
- If I release this tension, I’ll lose my competitive drive.
- If I let go of this tension, my dancing/singing/acting performance will be flat.
- If I don’t have this tension, I’ll lose my motivation to work/sell/whatever.
- I need this tension to make my speaking presentation really lively.
The Real Truth
Tension is constrictive and driven by anxiety or fear at some level. It’s separate from performance energy. Many people believe that losing the tension means losing that good energy, so they hang onto both. This myth is reinforced by teachers in the performing arts, athletic coaches, speech coaches, sales trainers…the list goes on. They just have never experienced anything else.
If you’re in that group of believers, I hope you’ll consider another possibility. With tapping it’s completely possible to release the constricting impact of the fear while maintaining that energetic charge of positive performing or motivational energy.
How You Do It
You can easily split your tapping up into three parts:
- Tap away your concern or limiting belief that you’ll lose your edge if you release your fears.
- Tap away your fears regarding the performance or event or speech or sale.
- Tap in affirmations to strengthen your positive energy – that performance electricity that other people connect with.
Calm + performance energy = powerful magnetism. Once you’ve tapped away tension resulting from fears and anxiety, you’re left with a foundational state of calm. There’s no energy drain for you from the adrenaline of fear charging around your body.
The excitement energy that propels you forward in any type of performance is pure and strong. People just gravitate towards it. And your energy is strengthened because it’s all coming from a positive center.
EFT is hands down the best tool for eliminating performance anxiety. Click here to check out EFT for Dissolving Stage Fright.