Ever strain to remember somebody’s name? EFT can help.
What was that movie title? Who did you loan that book to? What did you walk to the shed for? Tapping can bring you the answer.
There’s a part of you that knows, and you CAN put your finger on it — in fact, put all of your fingers on it. Sorry — couldn’t resist the pun. But seriously, you can tap and bring the answer quickly.
EFT to jolt your memory works much like finding a lost item. (See my previous post Everyday EFT – Tip #1.) It’s another speed-tapping technique.
So you don’t need to assess your intensity level. And forget about a setup. You can just start tapping.
BUT you do need to relax. More about that in a minute. Otherwise, your tension can keep this from working.
Here’s how you do it:
- Let go of any annoyance that you don’t remember. Or at least postpone your frustration til you’re done tapping.
- Now take a few deep breaths and choose to relax.
- And just start tapping. Move around the tapping points, saying things like this:
- It’s coming to me now.
- I’m remembering that thought.
- It’s on its way to the front of my mind.
- I’m about to say it out loud.
- I’m relaxed and easily recalling her name.
Add in some gratitude, too:
- I’m so grateful for my strong memory.
- I’m so thankful to be easily remembering.
- Thanks ___________ for helping me to recall. (Fill in the blank with Higher Self, God, Universe…)
Use EFT for a few rounds. That thought might just pop in while you’re tapping. If not, just relax and go on about your business. It will come to you in a few minutes.
Try it out the next time you forget something. The more often you tap to remember, the faster it will work for you. Just don’t forget to relax!
Check back here for Everyday EFT Tip #3.
Keep me posted about how this works for you. I’d love to hear from you. For help with a more serious issue, contact me for a free consult to discuss possibilities for going deeper with EFT. Let’s shift this challenge to get you where you want to be!