EFT involves tapping with the fingertips. There are meridian endpoints on the tips of the fingers (as opposed to the pads), so it’s best to curve your fingers and tap with the tips. If longer nails don’t permit this, just tap with the pads of your fingers.
You want to tap firmly, because you’re activating energy in your energy channels. But don’t hurt or bruise yourself.
Use all your fingertips clustered together, tapping on both sides of your body at the same time (use both hands). This activates the most meridians (energy channels), giving you more bang for your buck! Studies show this can increase the effectiveness and shorten the time needed to tap. However, using just one hand and/or just two fingertips will still get you good results.
A good rule of thumb is to tap 5-7 times at each point. Again, EFT is very flexible, so varying from this won’t hurt anything.
- Sore Spots (on chest): To rub both sides at the same time, you can cross your arms across your chest if that’s easier on your wrists.
- Karate Chop points: Cross your hands in an X, bumping together the outside edges of your palms.
- Eyebrow– Both hands
- Outside Eye – Both hands
- Under Eye – Both hands
- Under Nose – One hand
- Chin – One hand
- Collarbone – Both hands
- Under Arm – Both hands, crossing arms across your chest if that’s more comfortable
- Liver – Both hands (if only using one hand, tap on right side)
- Wrists – Cross wrists at insides and GENTLY bump them together
- Top of head – One or two hands
Now your’re ready to learn how to do EFT yourself with the steps of a tapping session. Go to EFT Session – 6 Steps Overview.
You can get complete EFT instructions in one place — downloadabe and printable for reference. Just sign up below. You’ll get immediate free access to a 17-page ebook with links to all the videos so you can watch any time for review.