Basic EFT follows a simple formula that is super-easy to follow. I break it down into 6 steps. You’ll find more about each step in the pages/videos coming up. Here’s a list of the steps:
- Choose your issue. Pick a simple and specific issue to tap on. Simple issues are current and have one aspect or component to them. Specific issues apply to one person, one event, or one pain in a certain location.
- Measure your intensity. In this step you rate the strength of the emotions, belief or physical feeling (like pain) that’s associated with the issue. You’ll use a scale of 0 to 10, with 10 being the most intense.
- Do the setup statement. The setup is an affirmation statement where you acknowledge that you have a challenge, and let yourself know that you want to accept yourself anyway.
- Begin tapping. Now you start tapping around the 10 tapping points, while repeating your reminder phrase, and then giving voice to your issue.
- Revise and repeat. Every few rounds, you’ll stop tapping and repeat steps 2, 3 and 4. You’ll measure your emotional intensity again. You’ll do a revised setup statement. And then you’ll tap again, using a revised reminder phrase. The revisions reflect that the strength of your issue is changing.
- Test your results. Once your emotional intensity level gets down to a zero, it’s important to test it to make sure the issue is resolved. If not, revise and repeat again until it is.
Those are your basic 6 steps for a tapping session. It’s really a simple process that you’ll get the hang of very quickly.
Print Version of the 6 Steps
For a printed copy of the six steps, click here.
For more details on each step, start here with EFT Step 1 – Choose Your Issue.
You can get complete EFT instructions in one place — downloadabe and printable for reference. Just sign up below. You’ll get immediate free access to a 17-page ebook with links to all the videos so you can watch any time for review.