OK. You are ready to tap on your own now. Really! I know you can do it because it is so easy to do. Get out your EFT Tapping Points diagram. Get a pen and paper and a glass of water. And go through these 6 steps now.
- Choose your issue (simple and specific). Create your reminder phrase (short and easy to say.)
- Measure your intensity. On a scale of 0 to 10, with 10 being the highest intensity, what’s your number? Write it down.
- Do your setup statement 3 times on the setup point (sore spot or karate chop point). Even though I have this problem, I want to love and accept myself anyway.
- Begin tapping. Tap one round (all 10 points) repeating your reminder phrase (this problem, this problem, this problem….) Tap a few more rounds giving voice to the issue. Stop tapping.
- Revise and repeat your tapping by doing 3 things.
A. Measure your intensity again and write it down.
B. Revise your setup statement, saying “Even though I still have some of this problem, I want to love and accept myself anyway.” Repeat it 3 times.
C. Revise your reminder phrase, saying “this remaining problem.” Tap a round with your reminder phrase and tap a few rounds giving voice to how you feel now. Stop every 3-4 rounds to measure and revise until you’re down to a zero.
- Test your results. If needed, finish off your tapping.
Congratulations! See how easy that is? I hope you realize that you can’t do it wrong. You can tap in some ways that are more effective than others, but you really can’t do it wrong. EFT is a very flexible and forgiving technique.
And you can’t introduce something that’s not already in you. So you can’t make things worse. You may bring something up to the surface that has been hidden from view, but EFT is not a tool that creates. It brings you back into balance by eliminating excesses.
Print Version of Basic EFT 6 Steps
For a printed copy of the six steps, click here.
So I wish you all the best with your own tapping. If I can answer any questions for you, email me any time at janet [at] janethilts [dot] com.
When it’s time for some outside help with more complex EFT issues, contact me for a free 15-minute talk about working together.
You can get complete EFT instructions in one place, downloadabe and printable for reference. Just sign up below. You’ll get immediate free access to a 17-page ebook with links to all the videos so you can watch any time for review.