In my last post, I wrote about a huge urge to quit – to completely stop a big project I was working on. Now I want to share how I used EFT to get back in the groove with it.
First I realized the urge was just my subconscious trying to protect me from possible harm from big change. That was an important piece. Thanks, Intuition/Universe/Spirit for the clue! If I hadn’t realized that, I probably wouldn’t have tapped on the urge.
But you know what? That scenario happens a lot – not just to me but to many clients. It can even happen right inside an EFT session. The tapping is going great and then suddenly you just want to stop the whole thing.
And here’s what’s really crazy-making: The bigger your emotional investment in something, the harder your subconscious can fight it. So the more you want the thing, the bigger those internal roadblocks can get.
It makes sense, doesn’t it? It’s like you’re getting ready to make a big leap. And the steeper the cliff, the higher the fence at the edge of it. That’s how our minds work to protect us from big change – good or bad. You’ve seen it – I know you have. That’s what cold feet are about just before a wedding.
Well, it happened to me with a work project. So I want to show you what I did so you can try it when that urge hits you. First, you set aside any self blame or scolding about your feelings. If you can’t set it aside, then tap it away before tapping on the rest.
How To Tap On It
Start with your setup:
- Even though I feel like stopping this ________ (project), I want to love and accept myself anyway.
- Even though all I can think of are reasons to quit, I’m trying to accept myself and all my feelings.
- Even though everything in me is screaming to just give up, I really do want to love and accept myself anyway.
And now some tapping sequences on the challenge:
- All this resistance.
- This powerful urge to quit.
- What was I thinking?
- I must have been nuts.
- There’s no way this will work.
- I wasted all that time.
- Etc. (Add your own phrases.)
Just get it said. Give a voice to your resistance.
Then keep tapping until that resistance gets down to a zero.
Then tap in some positive rounds like:
- I thank my system for the warning, and realize that’s all it was.
- I realize it’s natural to feel cautious about moving ahead.
- I’m choosing to feel excited instead of anxious.
- I give myself permission to take a deep breath and jump!
- I can trust all my resources to carry me through.
- I can just take the next step and do that with confidence.
- I feel my excitement returning.
- I think I’ll astonish myself!
And continue tapping in the good stuff.
The moral of the story is summed up in my favorite bumper sticker: Don’t believe everything you think!
What’s your experience with this? Do us a favor and let us in on it — leave your comments.
If this is a bigger issue than you want to tackle on your own, contact me for a free consult to discuss possibilities for going deep with EFT. Let’s shift this challenge to get you where you want to be!