In the last post, I promised you some tips about how to use EFT to help you use self kindness as a strategy — and a habit. Here are my tapping suggestions:
These are the steps to take to start using self kindness on a regular basis for yourself:
1. First, investigate your resistance to making self kindness a deliberate strategy. Get quiet and listen to the little voice inside your head that tells you why it’s not a good idea to do that, and stirs up fears about it. If you’re not using self kindness, it’s because a part of you has some good reasons for that. So listen for those reasons, those fears and beliefs. And then write them down.
What beliefs come up for you? They could be things like:
- I’ll lose my motivation if I’m too nice to myself. I won’t feel like doing anything.
- I don’t know how to do it. The people I know don’t do this.
- It’s going to be too hard. Maybe it’s impossible.
- I don’t know what I’m doing. This sounds crazy to me.
- I don’t know if this can help me. What’s the point?
- Etc. (whatever comes to mind)
Write those down.
2. Then take the whole list and cluster them together as a package. Now measure the emotional impact of that package on a scale of 1 to 10. How strong is that resistance of all those fears and beliefs together? And write the number down.
3. Then start tapping. Do one round of “This resistance to self kindness.”
Then do a few rounds of tapping, giving voice to the resistance. You can just read off your list as you tap.
Continue tapping until you get your resistance down to a zero.
4. The next thing that you can do is to create some positive statements and tap those in as affirmations. For example:
- I easily go to self kindness first thing.
- I love how it makes me feel.
- My self kindness is contagious to the people around me.
- Etc. (whatever comes to YOUR mind)
Have fun creating the list. Then just tap those affirmations in as a practice, first thing in the morning.
What do you have to say about it? Give it a try and let us know.
For more do-it-yourself tapping solutions, click here to check out our Breakthrough EFT Audios.