A reader asked the other day if EFT can be used for gluten intolerance that celiacs experience. That inspired me to pass on this great tapping technique to deal with any kind of sensitivity to substances — including hay fever. There’s really no need to resign yourself to a lifetime of bad reactions.
EFT is the perfect tool to eliminate sensitivities and allergies. This includes reactions to foods, pets, plants, fumes — any substance that your body reacts to in a negative way. No matter what the trouble-causing substance, the approach is pretty much the same.
Where To Begin
First, ask yourself when the allergy or sensitivity first appeared. Then ask if anything traumatic occurred in your life around that time — or within the few months beforehand.
If not, ask yourself if you experienced any trauma directly connected to the substance you’re sensitive to (cat scratch, choked on milk, etc.). Then use EFT to clear that trauma — either on your own, or with a practitioner. Eliminating the effects of that related event often results in the end of the allergy.
If There’s No Remembered Trauma
If nothing occurs to you in answer to those two trauma questions, try the following:
- Place the substance or food in a container of glass, metal or pottery (not plastic or paper). For airborne allergies, place a bowl of water outside for a few hours, or wave a damp towel around in the air to collect particles. Then pour the water into a jar or put the towel in a bowl. For dust, pet hair, carpet, etc., gather a little and put it in a jar with a lid on it (or have somebody else do that for you).
- Then hold the container in your lap (for tapping with both hands) or simply touch the container with one hand while tapping with the other. Please note: When tapping, you can refer to “the substances in this jar”, or the “stuff on this towel” – You don’t have to know what it is causing the problem to be able to clear it.
Start Using EFT
- Do your setup 3 times: “Even though I have this allergy/sensitivity to this ______ (substance), I love and accept myself anyway.”
- Tap Round 1: “This sensitivity to ________ (substance).” (A round is a complete cycle of all the tapping points.)
- Round 2: “I ask my body to release this sensitivity now.”
- Round 3: “I ask my body to easily accept this _______ (substance) as safe and healthy.”
- Round 4: Alternate the positive and negative. “This sensitivity…,” “I ask my body to…”
- Round 5: “I now have a completely healthy relationship with this _______ (substance).”
- Great option: Tap a few more rounds of gratitude for this healing, etc.
You may need to repeat this process every day for a week to totally clear the sensitivity. If you’re still concerned about a possible food sensitivity, you can always tap on it before you eat it, too. Just put one hand on the plate, and tap with the other hand. Use the phrases suggested above.
I’ve used this process myself with great results. I experienced sinus problems from outgassing from something in my home – new carpet, padding, and/or linoleum. I didn’t know which was causing it, so I sat on the floor where all three came together. I held one hand on that spot while I tapped with the other. After one session, all sensitivity was gone for good. My sinuses cleared right up. Great!
While visiting New York City, I experienced a mystery rash which spread a little each day. After about 5 days, I decided to try this. I set a bowl of water outside for two hours to gather airborne particles (pollen, smog, etc.). Next, I gathered dust from a storage area I’d been working in and added that to the water.
I poured the water into a jar, held the jar on my lap, and followed the above sequence — twice a day for two days and the rash disappeared! I’ll never know exactly what the cause was, but that’s OK with me.
If this is a bigger issue than you want to tackle on your own, contact me for a free consult to discuss possibilities for going deeper with EFT. Let’s shift this challenge to get you where you want to be!